The project Ferme France :
To be a catalyst for societal progress in the French Farm
The objective of Ferme France is to collectively adress the demand for societal progress that is becoming stronger. It concerns various issues : climate change, biodiversity, fare compensation for producers, human health, nutrition, animal welfare, trackability, contribution for the commun good...
Our answer to thos new expectations is crucial for all product coming from French production. Besides food, all products coming from farming or breeding are concerned by this revolution the society is waiting for.
To do so, we must work collectively with all actors of our sector : farmers, artisans, carrier, manufacturer, restaurants, retailers, consumers, and civil society.
Ferme France is uniting firms and consumers that are convinced by the necessity to work together in order to effectively adress those news issues and to promote all initiatives to better the quality of our products.
During the World Food Summit in Copenhague - August 2018 - Ferme France has been recognized as an innovative and unique initiative. Our development abroad has been talked about.
WHY FERME FRANCE ?
- Because we believe that France has an answer to our new societal issues.
- Because the production that makes us live is at the core center of all current societal problems.
- Because this production is our agriculture, and because we share a commun farm : the French Farm.
- Because we believe that our culture and our French production diserves to be promoted and bettered.
- Because we are a group of actors coming from all part of the food industry.
- Because our initiatives directly involves the consumers.
- Because our ambiton is to work with all French citizen for the good of our commun good.
WILL WE FIND "FERME FRANCE" ON OUR PRODUCTS ?
- No, never
- In fact, Ferme France is just our institutionnal name, and it will not be branded to our consumers.
- We must better together the societal performance of our food industry : alimentary or other products.
- We must all be actors of this initiative, whatever is our position in the value chain.
- The consumers and the citizens have to be involved so that we rebuild the trust between us.
- Competition and differenciation is compatible with a collective intelligence, then by bettering our societal performances we will make the value of our product and of our market grow.
- By working together, we will make our commun trust and the trust we have in our products grow.
- We want to create a team dedicated to better the societal performance of our production.
- We want to involve the consumer in the process of bettering his our food.
- We want to build a simple and trustable sticker of the societal performance of our products.
- We want to promote this sticker in France.
- We want to promote our project and the quality of our products abroad.
WE BETTER AND PROMOTE THE SOCIETAL PERFORMANCE OF THE FERME FRANCE*
We set up a graduation of societal performance that comes from a system collectively set up with the consumer, so that he can have an objective knowledge of the quality of one product, and make his societal performance grow.
The societal issues have been set up as follow *:
- Animal Welfare
- Nutrition and human health
- Contribution to the national economic development - including fare compensation.
- Engagement of collective actions between different actors.
- Contribution for the Common Good
What Ferme France is doing to create a shared baseline of valuation
- Set up a register of all actions made by actors of the food industry that are dedicated to better the societal performance, according to the seven issues mentionned before.
- Assign a grade to each and every one of them.
- Assign a grade for each product's societal performance that is calculated according to how it is produced.
REBIULD A TRUSTABLE AND RESPONSABLE RELATIONSHIP
BETWEEN ACTORS AND CONSUMERS
THE CONSUMER IS THE KEY ACTOR
- by favouring products that have a grade that matches with his own belives
- by sharing his opinion about the graduation process proposed by the experts. en donnant son avis de manière continue sur le système de notation issu des experts
- by validating thanks to a citizen jury the grade given to the set up actions
- by voting for the evolutions he wants to see in his food
TO SPREAD THE FRENCH AGRICULTURE
- Our goal is to collectively better the standard quality of the french products and to promote them thanks to the sticker.
- Our collective ambition is to promote the French production process in France and abroad for all alimentary or non-alimentory products coming from the food industry.
- Ferme France doesn't really want to promote the "made in France" as this characteristic already appears on the products.
*We call Ferme France all the actors of production, manufacturing, and retailing in France for alimentary or non-alimentary products coming from the food production.